BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

We met Russell M. Nelson!!

So the other day I was getting the kids and myself ready to go a BBQ with some great friends and Michael comes home to tell about Russell M. Nelson coming to our church to talk to a few Medical students and give some advice to what we are about to get ourselves into and what we should expect.

Russell M. Nelsen was a Heart Surgeon so I knew that we really need to listen to see what he had to say as a Dr. as well as a church leader, it is not every day that a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles come to speak to us, so we unfortunately had to ditch the BBQ and take advantage of this wonderful opportunity!!

So it was for families and once we got there I quickly realized that we should have left the kids at home ;) I didn't get as much out of it as I would have hoped but Michael did so at least one of did :) My first impression of this amazing man was how humble he was. He was just another old man making jokes and telling us stories that just had us all laughing!!

Afterward we had to opportunity to say a quick hello and shake his hand! The girls got so excited! We were waiting our turn and when we are up all that came of of their mouths were....I have a Barbie Secret :) He laughed and humored them a bit on the Barbie subject and we moved on but the girls loved him!! We were so fortunate to have been able to listen to him speak and take in all the wonderful advice that he had to share. This will be a moment that we will always cherish and I know my girls will too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment