BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 4, 2011

I love this man.......

I have been thinking a lot lately about my life and how much effort I am doing to strengthen it. I have learned a lot of things about myself in the process that I need to work on, as we all do I am sure. I would fall into the category as a people pleaser, which I have learned that is not such a bad thing, BUT, it can turn bad if I start letting what other people think run my life. I have some people in my life right now that are just bitter sweet. I love them dearly but I feel like I get pulled down by them. A lot of people have a hard time with my husband.....I have been asking myself for a long time what is it about him that make people shoot him down. First off, I love him unconditionally, we have made it this far, there is nothing that anyone can do or say that would make us change our mind about our marriage or our career choice.

I used to think that Michael was a very different person than anyone I have ever met, that is probably what attracted me to him ;) But as I sit and compare him to a lot of other people in my life that I used to struggle to please but never could, I realized.....I have the best husband any girl could ask for, even if other people can't see that. I realized that Michael has some habits that are hard to break but have also realized that it is a result of how he was raised and the time he has served in the Marine Corp. Michael picked up a few habits, which in my opinion are not that bad considering and I think a lot of people struggle with them but won't say it, but I think that Michael is the amazing, wonderful husband and father he is today because of all the experiences and struggles that he went through. I think that it is just our nature to focus on the bad and overlook the good in people. I think that some people are quick to judge and overly critical of one another and in some circumstances, jealousy will cause people to make assumptions that are exaggerated or just simply not true. I think that if someone is always judging and comparing themselves to other people then that person has some issues of their own. I can't imagine someone being truly happy when they are constantly comparing and putting you down. I used to let things like this get to me because I like to make people happy. I decided that I am going to be selfish and make myself happy and ONLY surround myself with people that lift me up, not down. I wonder how people would like it if I laid out everyone else's flaws and mistakes out for everyone to see......just a thought. My husband is the greatest person that has ever been a part of my life and I am so lucky to have him and I would never change anything about our life together......I LOVE THIS MAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment