BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh, another one of Michael's wonderful ideas!!

So we have had a very exhausting day!!! Let me just tell you....about a week ago Michael was looking on Klode, this place where they auction off wrecked cars for cheap, and he saw this VW Beetle, why HE would want a Beetle you ask?!! If you know Michael you will be able to guess this one pretty easy....it was a Diesel ;) Michael has this crazy obsession with diesel cars and trucks!! Anyway, so this is how he tells me....I was getting the girls ready for the day and he comes in with this certain smile on his face, the one that I know he did something stupid!! "So, I just bought a car" he says. My face dropped, especially when he told me what it was and how much he paid for it, keep in mind these are wrecked cars, so there is always more money that you have to put into them, you could just imagine my excitement!!! I was trying to stay calm but it was so hard cause he always does this, he is like a little boy that brings home tons of animals, which he did that too, his poor mom ;) Anyways, we decide to go and take drive to go and check it out. I had seen pictures online of it so when I got there I wasn't expecting this beauty. When we were driving up to it, it was pretty much what I expected, until........I get into it!! The online pictures for the inside of the car were totally off! There was dog hair everywhere, soda everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE, their dog got onto the dash and there were 100's of scratches all over it that I don't think will buff out, there were not head rests, there was lots more but the best surprise that Michael was saving for me was that........it was a STICK SHIFT!!! Yep, he was grounded from ever buying car ever again ;) I don't like driving sticks, I can but I suck at it!!!

So, on top of all the bad stuff, there was more bad stuff!! The car had no keys, so when Michael bought the car he had no idea how many miles were on it....yeah, stupid,and........the battery was dead! So, we had to tow the beetle with the Jetta, yep I said the Jetta!! We had to tow it down the road about 20 miles. So, Michael starts to get the rope out to hook to the cars and as he is doing so he realizes that the back bumper, where it had been wrecked, was crashed into the back tire so it was rubbing really bad and we could not tow it like that cause our luck it would have caught on fire...lol!! Of course, we were not prepared for this so we were grabbing random things out of the car to pop the bumper back out. We tried the jack, the lug nut changer and even the snow scraper! That thing was being so stubborn but after a LONG time and Michael breaking MORE of the car we finally got it to the point that it was only rubbing a tiny bit and Michael was ok with the risk at this point!

So, I was driving the Jetta pulling Michael in the Beetle!! I was terrified, I have never towed something before so I thought this was going to be very interesting!! It started out a little ruff but I did way better than I thought, I didn't send the Beetle crashing into tail end of our Jetta, and that was the main goal...for me anyway ;) So we get to the dealership and get our keys programed and the car started right up and sounded really good, that is the only thing that kept me from beating Michael for his really stupid decision ;)

Now we are home trying to figure out if it is worth just trying to sell it for what we put into it!!! Ahhhh....he is so lucky he has one of the best pouty faces ever....seriously ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment