BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I am such a slacker!!


So, I am back tracking a little bit and updating the birth of our son, Jake...that was born 7 MONTHS AGO, I know I am so bad at this, but will start getting better!! So our beautiful boy (finally got one..yay!!) was born on July 22nd 2010. He was 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 19 inches long. He was very healthy and could not have asked for a better little bundle of joy. Ever since I had found out I was having a boy he has had me wrapped around his little finger. The labor went alright....the recover was amazing and the best I have ever had. Getting to the pushing was a different story. I have no idea why but I was getting very nervous and anxious when Michael was driving to the hospital. I get in there and I was at 4 cm but was progressing slowly, but the decided to keep me...glad they did cause I was not going home :) So the are getting my room ready for me adn I get all tucked in and settled and in comes the nurse to get my IV in me. WOW, I seriously have never been so scared in my life and I have done this twice before, it wasn't like this was my first rodeo!! At this point I could not stop shacking and my blood pressure was getting too high so they were trying to calm me down by talking and asking about my kids. Soon after is when they tried to put the IV in and no luck the first time...or the next THREE times!! I did not remember it hurting that bad to get an IV with my girls. Anyway, she finally said k I am not really good at this (Really??) so she went to get someone that could do it, it still hurt but she got it in the first time, thank goodness! So after we got through that mess the Anesthesiologist comes in....Ahh!! I was not calmed down yet from the IV incident. At this point I was having really bad contractions that I could not breathe through but as soon as I saw him by body became numb and I started shacking and pulsating off the bed and I could not control it. The couldn't get an epidural until I calmed down and my blood pressure was going crazy so they had to get that down too. The nurse was shocked that I was having no reaction from my contractions, they apparently peaked and should have been very painful. ( who knows, maybe this is was a blessing in disguise cause I can not take pain) Anyways I calm down enough to try the epidural and that didn't go so well and the Dr. didn't seem to confident that he did it right either...yep....there I go again with the shacking..lol!! Anyways, we get it all figured out and soon I was pain free! The nurse told me to rest cause it wouldn't be too long before I started pushing, so went to sleep and Michael started studying :)

So, I have an urge to wake up to throw up. Now, THIS I was expecting cause I threw up with Ava 11 times and Makayla 18 times so I figured Jaker would be the same way and I was right. I told the Dr. I was about to throw up and that usually means the baby will be coming really soon. So she comes in to check me and I was ready...yay!! As we are getting ready to push she realized that no one put a catheter in me...ahhh....so the told me to hold on with pushing and they had to drain me that took three bags, I apparently had to pee :) I couldn't hold on too long though cause I had to choice but to push when I was throwing up! We finally got it all worked out and we soon had a wonderful baby boy!! My Dr. was wonderful and like I said in the beginning the recovery was wonderful!!




No comments:

Post a Comment